Breast Cancer Awareness Month happens every October and is a month which organizations around the world concentrate their efforts on raising awareness about the disease.
Cochrane Breast Cancer's objective is to provide the best source of accurate and up-to-date information, especially about the prevention, early detection, treatments, follow-up care, and supportive practices for women diagnosed with breast cancer. Their Cochrane Reviews continue to be an integral part of national and international clinical best practice guidelines and their development of Plain Language Summaries provide evidence to policymakers and members of the community in easy to understand language.
- Screening for breast cancer with mammography;
- Manual lymphatic drainage for lymphedema following breast cancer treatment;
- Conservative interventions for preventing clinically detectable upper-limb lymphoedema in patients who are at risk of developing lymphoedema after breast cancer therapy;
- Mammography in combination with breast ultrasonography versus mammography for breast cancer screening in women at average risk; and
- Trastuzumab-containing regimens for metastatic breast cancer.