Cochrane Canada is the Canadian arm of Cochrane – an independent global network of over 38,000 healthcare practitioners, researchers, patient advocates and others. Cochrane works to turn the evidence generated through research into useful information for making everyday decisions about health.
Canada is one of 130 countries involved in this non-profit organization that promotes evidence-based decision-making in healthcare by producing high-quality systematic reviews that are free from commercial sponsorship.
Cochrane Canada is one of 18 Cochrane Centres worldwide and was established in 1993. We contribute to Cochrane by:
- Acting as the central point of contact for Cochrane within Canada;
- Promoting awareness, access and use of its main product, Cochrane Reviews;
- Developing relationships with relevant organizations in Canada;
- Coordinating training activities across Canada on how to use and write Cochrane Reviews; and
- Supporting other Cochrane groups located in Canada.
What is Cochrane evidence and how can it help you?
Our mission is to promote evidence-informed health decision-making by producing high-quality, relevant, accessible systematic reviews and other synthesized research evidence.
Our vision is a world of improved health where decisions about health and health care are informed by high-quality, relevant and up-to-date synthesized research evidence.