Cochrane Canada has received funding and support from:
Chiropractic Canada's various branches and associations:
Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care:
Ministère de la santé et des services sociaux du Québec:
Fonds de la recherche en santé du Québec:
l’Institut national d'excellence en santé et en services sociaux
Canadian Partnership Against Cancer:
Cochrane Canada staff are grateful for the generous support they have received from many people and institutions across the country, including the Ottawa Hospital Research Institute.
The Cochrane Collaboration's central functions are funded by royalties from its publishers, John Wiley and Sons Limited, which come from sales of subscriptions to The Cochrane Library. The individual entities of The Cochrane Collaboration are funded by a large variety of governmental, institutional and private funding sources, and are bound by organization-wide policy limiting uses of funds from corporate sponsors. Please visit our funders page for a list of our funders. Enquiries regarding funding should be directed to the Collaboration's Chief Executive Officer .
Cochrane Canada would like to thank the Pan American Health Organization/World Health Organization (PAHO/WHO) for providing the Blackboard CollaborateTM platform for online training. This software allows us to educate hundreds of Canadians each year on the work of The Cochrane Collaboration and provide training on topics such as reading and writing Cochrane Reviews and how to search The Cochrane Library.
Jeremy Grimshaw, Co-Chair, The Cochrane Collaboration; Senior Scientist, Clinical Epidemiology Program, Ottawa Hospital Research Institute; Director, Centre for Best Practices, Institute of Population Health, University of Ottawa; Full Professor, Department of Medicine, University of Ottawa; Director, Canadian Cochrane Centre; Canada Research Chair in Health Knowledge Transfer and Uptake:
In the last five years, have you:
1. Received research funding: any grant, contract or gift, commissioned research, or fellowship from The Cochrane Collaboration or a related organization (i.e. any organization related to health care or medical research) to conduct research? Yes:
The Canadian Cochrane Centre has received funds from The Cochrane Collaboration Opportunities Fund to enable the Education Co-ordinator to participate in the Training Working Group. I have also received grants from the Canadian Institutes for Health Research; Canadian Foundation for Innovation; Canadian Agency for Drugs and Technologies in Health; Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada; Canadian Blood Services; Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care; Ontario Council of Academic Health Organizations; The Ottawa Hospital Academic Medical Organisation,US Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality; UK Medical Research Council; UK National Institute for Health Research; Diabetes UK; Chief Scientist Office of Scotland; Newcastle Primary Care Trust; the European Union, Australian National Health and Medical Research Council; Victorian Neurotrauma Initiative; and The Cochrane Collaboration Opportunities Fund.
2. Had paid consultancies: any paid work, consulting fees (in cash or kind) for an organization? Yes:
Canadian Institutes of Health Research; Institute of Health Economics, Canada, North East and North Cumbria Academic Health Science Network.
3. Received honoraria: one-time payments (in cash or kind) from a related organization? Yes:
American Canadian Health Services Research Foundation Extra program; National Institute for Clinical Studies, Australia; University of Dundee, UK; Hvidovre University Hospital, Copenhagen. Multiple honoraria <USD 1,500 from governmental agencies and not-for-profit organizations for teaching and knowledge translation activities.
4. Served as a director, officer, partner, trustee, employee or held a position of management with a related organization? Yes:
Board member of Health Quality Ontario.
5. Possessed share-holdings, stock, stock options, equity with a related organization (excludes mutual funds or similar arrangements where the individual has no control over the selection of the shares)? No.
6. Received personal gifts from a related organization? No.
7. Had an outstanding loan with a related organization? No.
8. Received royalty payments from a related organization? No.
B. Non-financial interests
Do you have any other competing interests that could pose a conflict of interest that would reasonably appear to be related to the primary interest? No.