Cochrane Canada is the Canadian arm of Cochrane – an independent global network of over 37,000 healthcare practitioners, researchers, patient advocates and others. Cochrane works to turn the evidence generated through research into useful information for making everyday decisions about health.
Canada is one of 130 countries involved in this non-profit organization that promotes evidence-based decision-making in healthcare by producing high-quality systematic reviews that are free from commercial sponsorship.
Cochrane Canada is one of 14 Cochrane Centres worldwide and was established in 1993. We contribute to Cochrane by:
- Acting as the central point of contact for the Collaboration within Canada
- Promoting awareness, access and use of its main product, Cochrane Reviews
- Developing relationships with relevant organizations in Canada
- Coordinating training activities across Canada on how to use and write Cochrane Reviews
- Supporting other Cochrane groups located in Canada
Cochrane Canada cultivates evidence-based decision-making by promoting the use and accessibility of Cochrane Reviews. We support and offer high quality training to those interested in using and producing Cochrane Reviews.
Individual and system level health care decision-makers understand the importance of using Cochrane Reviews to inform practice and all health care decisions in Canada are informed by the best available evidence.