Who are health care consumers?
Health care consumers include patients, informal caregivers (family and friends), and those who represent the interests of patients and informal caregivers. What unites them all is their interest in seeking high-quality, unbiased information about a health condition or treatment.
Get involved with Cochrane Canada today
At Cochrane Canada we are especially interested in collaborating with health care consumers. If you are interested in working with us, we invite you to join Cochrane Canada as a Consumer Referee. As a Consumer Referee you can:
- participate in the creation of a plain language summary - a short description of a systematic review presented in a way that can be understood by health care consumers - of a particular review that interests you;
- comment on a Cochrane Review before it is available to the general public; and
- comment on a protocol - the plan or set of steps to be followed in a study - to ensure the study outcomes are relevant to you and your peers.
Contact us today for more information on how to get invlolved with Cochrane Canada.
Resources for Cochrane Consumers
- Glossary - A comprehensive glossary of Cochrane-related terms.
- Cochrane Summaries - A comprehensive list of plain language summaries of Cochrane Reviews.
- Cochrane for consumers: A pathway - A series of online learning resources that offer consumers an introduction to Cochrane and its research work.
- Cochrane Consumer Network -